Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

:: Cinque Terre ::


Lots to catch you all up on!

This weekend we took our first trip out of Rome to Cinque Terre (translates to five lands). 5 coastal seaport villages connected by a 6 mile hiking trail. We stayed in the southern most village, Riomaggiore. The hike took us about 5 hours including stopping to explore each city. The colors of the buildings stacked up on each other in the cliffs in the Mediterranean was breath taking. I know I continue to say this but Cinque Terre once again topped the list of the most beautiful places I've seen.

If ever visiting the area don't be fooled the hike is beautiful, but still has its challenges. I think each member of our group was completely drenched in sweat by the time we finished... the plus side, the last city, Monterosso, had the best beach of all 5 so we immediately jumped in the water afterwards! Five minutes in the water and my friend Jackie had been stung by a jelly fish... lucky the life guards just put a cream on it and she was good to go. Later in the afternoon my friend Kelsey and me took a kayak out and explored farther up the coast! Totally different perspective of the villages from the water; the sea was so clear and blue you could see straight through to the coral and pebble sea floor.

We ate an early supper at a beach front cafe, which was surprisingly affordable compared to Rome, and caught our train back at 7:00 pm.

Great weekend break from the city and classes with studio work starting to pile up!

Enjoy the pictures, ever given the opportunity to visit this destination do not pass it up!!!

{L

Corniglia (town 3)

kels and me after a steep stair climb



Beautiful seaport villages.
Everything seafood!

Mediterranean Silhouette.
started early... sunrise.

Enjoying the Monterosso beach.


Riomaggiore train station.
Our first stop and a surprisingly beautiful
grunge train station.

kayaking the mediterranean
top 10 coolest things I've done in my life


The crew minus jackie.
mike. allison. me. kelsey. cait.





No comments:

Post a Comment